Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Music (by Alda, composer, singer & turtle extraordinaire)


Have you ever felt carried by the music you were listening to? Have you ever felt transported to a distant place or time or felt close to someone even though you were a hundred miles away? That's what music can do to you. I began to sing when I was still inside an egg, just below the Porte Des Lioness where I was born. I didn't know for a while that the singing I heard was my own. It just poured out of me and it never stopped since then. Because of my age--must be close to a thousand years or more--I'm very big. And I mean VERY big. But to tell you the truth, when I sing while I walk I almost never feel my weight. It is as if there are hundreds and hundreds of balloons tied to my shell lifting me up. Of course, my singing keeps the 'Dark' away in Hollow's Gate during night time. You know, night time lasts seven days down here, right? One night on the surface is seven nights down it the Great Deep. This long time of darkness can bring out creatures that you don't want to encounter. You don't, trust me. But let me tell you something: In all those long years I have been down here, the 'Dark' which are basically creatures, scary creatures, that want to eat you alive, devour you and feed on your flesh; in all those years they never could come near me. After a while I figured it out: it was my music that held them at bay. They just didn't want to come close.


So, if you hit a dark spot, turn on the music and feel assured that someone is carrying you through it.


Yours Truly,
Alda

No comments:

Post a Comment